We have designed every detail & hand-crafted each piece of our outdoor furniture for 34 years in Alton, Illinois. That same dedication & craftsmanship goes into the manufacturing of our Greenhouses. Customers consistently respond with their appreciation for the beautiful, yet practical & functional design for easy set-up, minimal maintenance and lasting durability to withstand the test of time. New Frontiers Greenhouses and Outdoor Furniture add value and beauty to any home & landscape.
WESTERN RED CEDAR FRAME-
Years of research & design went into our cedar greenhouses, and the end result proves just that. The interior features listed below.
- We use only the finest grade of clear Canadian Western Red Cedar, www.wrcla.org. This is important because it is straight grained and holds its shape. No twists or warps like the other woods.
- Western Red Cedar contains natural oils that prevent decay.
- Western Red Cedar absorbs & releases moisture with minimal expansion & contraction. Your greenhouse remains solid and tight for years to come.
- Cedar greenhouses have much higher insulation properties than metal. There is substantially less condensation & temperature fluctuation.
MAINTENANCE FREE EXTERIOR-
While cedar provides outstanding interior greenhouse performance, if exposed to the elements year round, maintenance would be required. We have eliminated that time consuming expense.
- Each New Frontiers Greenhouse is clad with AZEK material, www.azek.com/about/. AZEK delivers a "like new" appearance regardless of the weather and is available in several colors. We will provide AZEK color samples upon request.
- It requires no paint or sealer for protection.
- It is impervious to moisture, insects, mold and mildew.
- AZEK is durable, long lasting, and has a limited lifetime warranty.
- AZEK material limits shortfalls associated with other composite decking material as it contains no wood fillers.
CONSTRUCTION & PERFORMANCE
The base walls provide strong structural support and protection for your greenhouse.
- We use HardiePanel, fiber cement board with a beautiful stucco finish..www.jameshardiecommercial.com. HardiePanel is designed to last up to 30 years against cracking, rotting, hail damage, termites and other problems with exterior exposure.
- It can be stained or painted in any color to match your décor.
- Since the HardiePanel is located at the base around the greenhouse it provides protection against lawn mowers, etc. & also allows for the area underneath the shelves to be out of view from the exterior of the greenhouse.
- Foam insulation can easily be added to the interior base if desired for extra insulation in the winter months.
8 MM POLYCARBONATE SHEETS-
This is the material of choice for both commercial and residential greenhouses. Gallina USA www.gallinausa.com/horticultural, 8 mm twin-walled polycarbonate sheets are tough and lightweight.
- Hi-impact resistance & excellent clarity.
- Plants respond best to diffused light, and the polycarbonate twin-walled panels help diffuse sunlight to prevent burning.
- Superior insulating qualities and energy savings.
- UV stabilized exterior layer provides high resistance to yellowing.
- 10 year limited warranty against discoloration, breakage, and loss of light transmission due to weathering.
SIZES & KITS-
Our Greenhouses are available in several sizes. All models have 6’ 7” sidewalls providing comfortable access and a substantial increase in growing space.
- Each kit includes all parts pre-cut, pre-drilled, and pre-assembled where possible.
- Our doors are pre-assembled and all metal parts are galvanized.
- Clear, illustrated step-by-step assembly instructions accompany each kit.
- We will provide a base plan illustrating the footprint of your greenhouse and suggestions building the base.
- Sizes available with 10/12 roof pitch:
(Remember, the larger your greenhouse the less your cost per square foot of growing space.)
- 8.5’ x 8’ x 10’ 3” (at the peak)
- 8.5’ x 12’ x 10’ 3” (at the peak)
- 8.5’ x 16’ x 10’ 3” (at the peak)
- Optional Shelf Kit- To maximize your growing space, we offer a pre-fitted shelving system that mounts to the sidewalls & back wall. The lower shelf is 2' deep and the upper adjustable shelf is 14" deep, both are constructed with a cedar frame, using a plastic 1" thick durabench material.
We include many features that are either not available or would be costly add-ons from other manufacturers. See for yourself . . . . . . .
- 3-speed exhaust fan
- Motorized intake shutters
- All of the conduit and fittings for the installation of the above components with wiring diagram.
- Polycarbonate sheets are pre-taped. (These sheets are designed to accept foil tape on the top edge and vent tape on the bottom. This is a time consuming task- WE DO IT FOR YOU!)
- 32” wide door with screen panel for the summer ventilation.
- Quality locking door and hardware with entry overhang.
Preparing your site:
In all instances the base of your greenhouse should be installed on a flat, level & square foundation. When you order your greenhouse, we will provide you with a base plan showing the footprint of the greenhouse model you ordered. We will also provide guidance & recommendations as to its construction.